News & Announcements
Changes to Student Insurance Plan for 2018-2019 Academic Year
Each new year brings changes to the student insurance plan. Please note the following for 2018-2019:
- The updated premium rates for Fall 2018 may be found in the FAQ under “Basics”. Rates for adding dependents may also be found in the FAQ under “Adding Dependents.”
- The coverage of those students wishing to opt out must meet an updated set of requirements. Students and parents may review the list here.
Fall 2018 enrollment/change period: August 23rd-September 25th, 2018
At the beginning of each semester, students are given an enrollment/change period in which to make changes to their insurance coverage:
- Students may apply to opt out of the coverage. For more information, go to “Opting Out.”
- Students may add dependents to their coverage. For more information, go to “Adding dependents” in our FAQ.
- Students may ‘early enroll’ and print off their insurance card. For more information go to “Early enrollments” in our FAQ.
- Students may extend their coverage under certain circumstances if they aren’t registered, or reinstate themselves into the coverage if they have previously opted out and are not being automatically assessed the fee. For more information see below “Reinstatements and Extensions.”
Reinstatements and Extensions
Occasionally students can find themselves without the insurance coverage they need. Whether you have lost your previous coverage under a parent’s plan, or are simply not registering for a given semester (e.g. summer), you have the ability to reinstate/extend your student coverage.